• Training takes place at Castle Hulchrath, near the small Rhenish town of Erkelenz. The castle was at the time the HQ of the HSSPF-West, Karl Gutenberger. Here Prutzmann set up his Werwolf Staff HQ.
• On November 26, 1944, the Germans organized the Upper Rhine High Command to defend the upper Rhine. Hitler placed German Interior Minister Heinrich Himmler in command on December 10. (Note: It was in January 1945 when Hitler appointed Himmler, Commander in Chief of Army Group Vistula)
• ‘Operation Carnival’ begins when a captured B-17 bomber drops the group into a Belgian forest on March 20, 1945.
• After carrying out their mission two of the group are injured by a landmine
• The trial of the ‘Werewolves’ takes place in October 1949 in Germany. All but one of their group is rounded up.
SS Werwolf Combat Instruction Manual
Whiting, C (2002) Werewolf: The Nazi Resistance Movement 1944-1945, 3rd edition, London: Pan Macmillan.
Hurley, N.J. (2013) Terror Unrealized: German Blunders, American Occupation Strategy and the Failure of the Nazi Werewolf Movement, Connecticut: University of Connecticut
Longerich, P. 2012. [e-book] New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 715 – 716. Available through: Google Books http://preview.tinyurl.com/q4zyzm3 [Accessed: 11 Apr 2014].
Martinschiller.webs.com. 2014. Sisterhood of Suns – WW2: Nazi Germany. [online] Available at: http://martinschiller.webs.com/ww2-nazi-germany [Accessed: 12 Apr 2014].
Artileri.org. 2014. Inilah Wanita-wanita Yang Memiliki Pengaruh Pada Partai Nazi ~ ARTILERI. [online] Available at: http://www.artileri.org/2012/01/inilah-wanita-wanita-yang-memiliki.html [Accessed: 13 Apr 2014].
Podcast: Play in new window | Download